Saturday, June 19, 2010

One Crazy Month, Part 2- Family Reunion

Last weekend, my family got together for our yearly family reunion. Everybody met up at my sister Lindy's place up in South Jordan. All 32 of us. We were missing MaeLyn and Jarom and their families but everyone else was able to make it, including April and her husband Dean, who surprised us by showing up when originally they weren't going to be able to make it. That was a fun surprise. :)
So Thursday evening we got together and the plan was to eat dinner and watch a movie outside projected on a big sheet and then camp out in my sister's backyard. However, the weather wasn't on our side all weekend so some plans changed. It was nice for awhile so we ate outside, but we ended up having to watch the movie inside...all 32 of us... Camping was fun, it wasn't too cold (although I had like 3 blankets and 5 pillows around me so maybe it was cold, but I was good!).Friday morning we played games inside and then headed down to Orem to my parents house. The plan was to go to a park for a big lunch and games, but the rain kinda ruined our plans there a little bit too. No biggy though. We played games at the church instead. :) My sister had to lead a group in some activities for a class assignment, so we happily became her guinea pigs. The first activity was set up outside (before the rain came). We had to guide each other through some mouse traps, learning to trust and follow the directions coming from someone on the other side of the traps.The next activity was another trust one, you had to run through a tunnel of arms. Everyone got in two lines and put their arms out and you make a wave as someone comes running through (sorry if this doesn't make much sense, but it was actually kind of fun!).For the third activity, everyone gathered and stood on a mat. The object was to completely turn over the mat without anyone having to step off. I watched this one from a distance, but it looked interesting. People were supposed to learn to work together. It was fun watching my family all kinda doing their own thing. Some were actually working on turning the mat while others whole objective was to just not fall off!And then for the kids sake, we played a huge game of duck, duck, goose. :)That evening, after dinner some of the adults were able to go do sealings at the Mt. Timpanogas temple. Neither Scott nor I had ever done sealings before, so it was a cool experience. I'm glad we got to go. :)
Saturday morning we all went out to eat at Golden Corral, and then some of us headed to the park to play frisbee and let the kids play on the playground. I miss being able to play ultimate frisbee!! Saturday afternoon was set aside for my baby shower, but I'll cover that in our next post. :) Some family headed home that evening, but Scott and I still had fun playing games at my parents house that night. I love my family! I'm so glad we were able to get together and see everyone. It's a bit crazy now and then, but I love it! :) Sorry I don't have pictures of everyone, but here are a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment