Sunday, July 11, 2010

One Crazy Month, Part 6- Another birthday

So I have a pretty wonderful husband. The last little bit of of our crazy month last month included my birthday and if anyone knows Scott, you know he couldn't pass it by without doing something totally amazing and creative. My birthday last year included a fort he made in our living room with lights strung up and paper stars. It sounds so simple, but it was so romantic and cute and I loved the creativity. The year before that he surprised me with a movie out in the park. He had a little show set up where his nieces and nephews came and dropped off little gifts and then sang Happy Birthday to me all dressed up. They left us to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's on our love sac with little lawn lights surrounding us...very romantic. :) Well this year was no different. I woke up and walked into our front room to find this...So all during the month of June, Scott had been packing scissors, paper and origami instructions to work at night and making tons of little animals and flowers and boxes that on my birthday he had hanging from the ceiling and sitting everywhere in our front room. It was very colorful and magical walking out into it all. He always makes me feel so special. :) He made me some omelets for breakfast that morning (so delicious!) and then later that morning he took me to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens for a walk. That's where we had went the day he proposed so it was a fun little walk down memory lane as well. :) The rest of the day was spent with family and good food and best of all, an ice cream cake! It was a fun, wonderful day. Thank you Scott!! I love you! I can't believe I'm 27 though...I feel so old. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday (belated) Amber! I'm glad it was a good one. Scott, John loves the origami. He wonders if you have any origami instructions you could give him. (Origami is his big hobby these days.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so Cool! I love origami, and I hope you had a happy B-Day!

    ReplyDelete