Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween

Talking with Scott, we both decided that growing up Halloween was never a favorite holiday of ours, but since having kids we both are liking the holiday a little more. I really enjoy making costumes for my kids and having the chance to get a little creative. And Claire's getting to that age that she really likes dressing up and so she was thrilled to be able to put on a pretty dress and wings. :) Everett loved being outside and both kids loved seeing their buckets filling up with treats. And Scott and I both love memorable moments like these. :)

For Everett's Peter Pan costume I used this tutorial for the hat and the belt and I made his leggings using this other tutorial, the shirt I made without anything, and there are definitely some things I would change, but it worked out good enough for a toddler costume. :)


For Claire's Tinkerbell costume I used two different tutorials, the top I got from here and the skirt part I got from here. It turned out to be a little too tight for her, but it actually worked out pretty well because the top stayed up on it's own instead of needing a strap around the neck. Just like Tinkerbell's dress. :) She loved it. :)


I don't know how long we'll be able to all dress up using the same theme, but we want to try for as long as they'll let us! :) Here's all of us - Mr. Smee, Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, and Captain Hook.



After taking a few pictures for mommy's sake we set off to do some trick-or-treating. Claire was very anxious and excited to go to different houses. Before going we practiced saying "trick or treat" and then "thank you", but then at the door she would suddenly be shy and forget to say anything. They got tired quickly and we only ended up going about half-way around our block but they seemed to still have a lot of fun. :)

After trick-or-treating, the fun wasn't over though. We went to our friends' Halloween party and Claire was able to play with her other Disney friends Cinderella and Aurora. :)









Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I used that same tutorial for Luke's costume when we was 10 months. Such a cute idea. Love the costumes!

    ReplyDelete