Monday, September 29, 2014

Glasses

In June, after a couple of my sisters asked about it, we started noticing occasionally that Everett's eye would turn in. We noticed it happening more and more since then, but weren't too concerned since he seemed to be able to see fine. During his 2 year checkup, we asked about it and were told to take him to a pediatric ophthalmologist.

When we took him in to see the ophthalmologist, they did a couple tests and we were told that he was extremely farsighted, more so in the one eye. He has been straining his eyes to focus which is causing the one eye to curve inward. He prescribed him the glasses and we left. A week later the glasses came and this last week we've been trying to adjust to them.

I have to say it's been a pretty emotional and difficult week. Everett will wear his glasses for a good amount of time, but takes them off when he's "done". I usually have to bribe him to put them back on again or tell him he can't do something he wants to do unless he puts his glasses on. I feel like such a meanie mom. He's been tilting his head up and down to look either above or below them. He doesn't like to look through them. I know it takes getting used to, but I kinda expected him to like them at least a little because they're supposed to help him see better... I called and voiced my concerns to the doctor but they told me to keep trying a little longer and stick with it until his appointment next month so we'll see how it goes... 


No comments:

Post a Comment