Monday, August 22, 2016

Everett's 4th Birthday

Everett's birthday turned out to be the first day of school for Claire and Scott so I was a little nervous about making his day special for him with the different schedules we were on. We put up decorations the night before, and I got up extra early to make a nice pancake breakfast for him. After seeing Claire off to school, Scott left for work, and Everett and I played games. I played some video games and some board games with him and I realized how much time we still had before lunch. So we got in the car and drove to a park. He played at the park happily (even though I'm sure he must have missed having Claire to play with). We came home for lunch and I started making his cake. He wanted a minion cake. It didn't quite turn out how I wanted it to, but he was happy with it, so I guess it's good enough. :) He wanted pizza for dinner of course and then we opened presents. I'm pretty sure his favorite gift was his pack of little cars, I could see the huge grin on his face when he opened them. He had his cake and ice cream and played with toys and I'm pretty sure he went to bed happy. :)



10 Things about Everett...



1. Everett is 4 years old. He is 33 pounds and is in the 28th percentile and he's 40 and a half inches tall, putting him in the 56th percentile.

2. Everett is our very fun loving, energetic boy. He can get pretty silly at times, especially when he's had sugar or we have visitors. He likes to run around, do races, jump off the furniture, and be wrestle around with his daddy and sister. :)

3. He loves to play with cars and race them around the basement. When he gets into his little games by himself, he tends to make a lot of explosion noises, which many times actually turns out to be little princess toy figures fighting each other.

4. He's our little comedian. Everett is always trying to make others laugh. He loves to make Claire laugh and more and more he really tries to make Seth laugh as well. His humor is mostly physical like bonking himself on the head, but he'll also try to get a laugh by making funny impressions or voices or whatever he can do that brings a smile.

5. And just for document sake I'd like to add that he still plays with his belly button when he drinks. That's usually the only time I've caught him playing with it, but it's such a funny habit. He also has a habit of chewing on his shirt, blanket, or Bounce (his monkey). He'll get his shirt all wet and always want to change it. 

6. His eyes are doing well. His eyes have been good in the fact that they haven't started crossing again at all since his surgery. I found out at his last appointment that they give him a much stronger prescription than he needs so that it'll help strengthen them so they won't cross. But eventually, the prescription should lessen. 

7. Everett is so smart. He knows all the letters of the alphabet and the sounds that they make. Since Claire started school last year and started learning how to read, he's picked up on it and can sound out many words himself. He's also pretty good at math. It's become a game for us to ask simple math questions and answer them to pass time sometimes. 

8. Everett has a few boys his age in his church class and we've gotten together for play dates occasionally. He plays pretty well with them. Whenever we go to the park he tends to make friends quickly and easily with other kids there. He loves to get involved in games of tag or hide n seek.

9. Everett is really close with Claire and he's definitely missed her company while she's been at school. When she's home, they are always playing together. And although Seth can't quite play with him the same way yet, I can tell they will be good buds eventually. Everett always tries making him laugh with a game of peek a boo or something. Seth loves being around Everett. They give each other hugs and kisses and Everett tries to wrestle with him until I tell him it's too rough. 

10. Favorite things... color: blue, food: pizza, animal: monkey, show: Animal Mechanicals, movie: Minions, dessert: chocolate ice cream, activity: video games, book: First Numbers, drink: root beer, game: Mario Kart, toy: cars





No comments:

Post a Comment