2. At his two month appointment, he weighed 12 lbs 11 oz. and was 23 and a half inches long.
3. This puts him in the 62nd percentile for weight and 72nd for height. :)
4. Seth is sleeping really well, for a baby. The first month he was probably waking me up every 2-3 hours, which is pretty normal. But since then, he's progressively slept longer and the longest he's gone is about 7 hours at night which is so nice for mommy! :) He doesn't nap as well in his car seat as my other babies so napping at church has been a little difficult, but at home he's great at falling asleep on his own in his crib. When he gets fussy, all I have to do is swaddle him and give him his paci and he settles down. :)
5. Seth and I had a rough start to nursing. I assumed that because I knew what I was doing and Everett had picked it up so quickly and easily that nursing wasn't going to be a problem with my third. I didn't realize it's a learning process for each baby as well. I was pretty sore for awhile and wanted to cry every time I nursed, because of the pain. Eventually he got it though and he's gained enough weight to prove it. :)
6. Babies sneeze a lot. Or at least Seth does. I noticed this more with him though because he would do this really cute sigh after a potential sneeze. He'd sneeze a couple times and then get all ready for another but then when it didn't come, he'd let out an adorable little sigh. It makes me giggle every time. I love it. He still does it too. :)
7. Seth is super talkative. He coos and talks to me all the time. Mostly happy coos, but he does angry coos as well. When I'm not paying enough attention to him or he's not happy he'll let me know, not by crying exactly but with grumpy sounding coos. The doctor got an earful of those coos when he was checking up on his leg and hip movement. Seth did not like it and initially cried, but afterwards he was cooing kind of grumpy towards the doctor throughout the rest of his visit. Don't know if it's true or not but the doctor said it was advanced behavior. :)
8. I feel like all my babies are gassy babies. Seth is no exception. He had a couple rough weeks where he was obviously uncomfortable and hurting from bubbles. He would cry and grunt and toot and be happy for a short period of time until another bubble bothered him. Now he's not as fussy about it but he still grunts and toots all the time, especially in his sleep. Scott says he hears him sometimes all during the night, "grunt grunt grunt, toot. grunt grunt grunt, toot." He takes after his daddy. ;)
9. So I swear Seth gave me some real smiles around 3 weeks. They were rare and
spaced days apart, and after looking online to see when babies really
start smiling, I second guessed them to maybe being accidental smiles,
but I still think he was an early smiler. :) I couldn't prove he was
smiling though because for the longest time, whenever I brought out a
camera he'd stop smiling and stare at it in wonder. 10. Seth has been a joy to have in our family. Claire and Everett have warmed up to him so well. Claire is so helpful and knows just how to offer him his paci so he'll take it without shoving it into his mouth. She also would sing songs to him while I changed his diaper because as a newborn, he hated getting his diaper changed. He'd usually scream and cry, but not when she sang. :) Everett may have had a harder time with the change and acted up a little, but he's always shown excitement and curiosity towards Seth. He loves to help get things for me and he laughs if he catches Seth looking at him. The whole "three kids" thing is hard, but we're learning and we just love our baby boy Seth.





No comments:
Post a Comment