Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Blood Moon

A couple weeks ago, after putting kids to bed, I was sitting on the couch looking at Facebook when I see a beautiful picture of the full moon taken by my sister-in-law. She said she was getting ready for the total lunar eclipse that would happen that night. I definitely wasn't planning on staying up to see it since it wouldn't start until 1 in the morning, and if I hadn't seen that picture I wouldn't have even realized that it ever happened. But I did see that picture, and being the photographer that I am, I felt the desire to go and try to capture at least a picture of the full moon since I wasn't going to be up for the eclipse. So I did. Scott joined me and after fiddling with my camera settings, I was pretty happy with my picture. Then I went to bed not really expecting to get up again. Scott however being the night owl that he is decided to stay up and watch. When the eclipse began Scott decided to wake me up and let me know just in case I wanted to see. I said no and he left, but I couldn't fall back to sleep right away cuz I did kind of want to see. So I got up again, and of course had to fiddle with camera settings and everything to try to get the perfect picture. I didn't get much sleep that night, but it was something fun and out of the normal routine. Scott and I enjoyed watching the eclipse together too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment