did you know that in thirty years a human being could walk around the entire earth... 42 times?! did you know that had i been wise enough to have saved one measly dollar every day for thirty years my entire college education would have been paid for? did you happen to know that had i hopped on a space shuttle thirty years ago, i would have been the first man to travel to the planet mars... and back... 10 times over? had i attempted to climb mount everest thirty years ago, i'd have been up and down that rock 1,560 times. thirty years ago, a light switch was flipped on. that light has since traveled 176,350,337,913,600 miles. wow. i'm so old!
to celebrate this scary milestone, amber treated me to a wonderful three day birthday celebration. saturday my niece was kind enough to watch our little claire while amber and i, along with my brother and sister, went golfing down in spanish fork. we definitely aren't ready for the pros quite yet, but we had a blast driving the cart around chasing after our golf balls, and we had enough good shots that we'll be back for more torture. that night amber and i got a pizza and watched a movie and had a nice relaxing evening.
i awoke on sunday to find amber and claire had put together a fun little happy birthday banner on the wall. it was so cute. after church, we spent most of the day opening presents. amber had 30 presents for me, so it actually took me most of the day to open them all. :) after presents, amber made the coolest cake ever, and we then headed down to my brother's for dinner, where all of my local family came to party.
on monday, amber surprised me by arranging for her mom to babysit claire while we went out to a movie. i love our little baby more than anything, but it sure is nice to get out and do stuff just me and amber sometimes. :) we ended the birthday festivities with bowling that night with friends, then more cake and ice cream at our place.
my wife spoils me way too much. i had a wonderful birthday celebration, which helped me keep my mind off the fact that i am now in my fourth decade of life. did you know that i am nearly one billion seconds old?! egad. :)
Do you ever get sick of me commenting? I swear I comment on everything. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT! Happy Birthday to you too, Amber (I know it's sometime this month :) That birthday banner is soo cute!! I love it! And getting 30 presents?! Spoiled! Great job on the cake, Amber.
ReplyDeleteI love the cake and the banner! Happy Birthday Scott! I never feel so old as I do when I hear people younger than I am complain about how old they are. =P
ReplyDeleteToo cute! I love the banner, too. Amen, Mae, on the old feeling.
ReplyDelete