Now some people might say that carving a pumpkin from a stencil is cheating...and maybe it is. I grew up carving pumpkins without using stencils and only in the last couple years have I started to use the stencils and I just have to say this - whether it's cheating or not, it's just as fun. It's still challenging (if not more so), it's still messy, it's still spending time with family. The only difference to me is I love how my stenciled ones look afterwards and I'm not as embarrassed to display them to the neighborhood. :)
Saturday night we celebrated Halloween by crashing a ward trunk or treat. We had bought Emily's elephant costume a week or two before at Walmart when we saw it. I love elephants so it was an easy choice for her costume. I've never been extremely crafty or creative but this year I sorta wanted us all to dress up with a theme. We thought maybe we could be safari guides or something to go with the elephant costume, but looking online we came up with the ideas for a tiger and lion costume. I glued felt to my shirt and made the cat ears and glued felt loops on one of those winter hats that buttons under the chin for Scott's mane and our costumes were pretty much set. Only problem was we realized lions are native to Africa while tigers are native to Asia. So all together we're just zoo animals. :)
Thanks Emily for getting us some candy with your cuteness. It was a hard day's work for that little girl. She deserved a break. :)
She is so so cute! I love the costumes you guys look great!
ReplyDeleteand you said you weren't crafty. I think you did great!
ReplyDelete