Thursday, April 21, 2011

A McClellan Easter Egg Hunt (from Claire's Perspective)

Earlier this week mom and dad packed me away in my car seat for like the bazillionth time that day. I screamed, cried, begged them to take me out but it was no use, we kept driving. So I did the only other thing I could think of doing... I fell asleep. When I woke up though, I found myself at grandma and grandpa McClellan's house! I was so happy to see so many of my cousins there and they seemed pretty excited and happy to see me too. :)

We all ate dinner first, then I got to play with my cousins for a little bit. I even taught my cousin Kylie a new trick!

After a while mom got pretty excited and picked me up and we all went down into the basement for some reason. And then we just waited.


In the basement everyone just sat or stood around. My cousins ran around me and danced and the adults all talked...I didn't see Grandma, Uncle Daniel and Aunt Lia though. I wonder where they were...


And then...it was crazy! Everyone went upstairs and started tearing apart grandma's house! They seemed to be looking for things. They looked up high and down low, they opened cupboards and closets... and they kept yelling "I found one!"


I didn't really see the big deal until Daddy picked me up and pointed to some kind of little green ball. To humor him I decided to try and pick it up. It wasn't too heavy and it rattled a little. Then Daddy opened it up and I found something else inside. It was pretty interesting but I guess I'll never know what it was cuz it was taken away. :( At least they let me keep the ball. :)

With Daddy's help I found a few of those round toys, which I guess are actually called "eggs". My cousins opened their eggs and kept finding things inside. At one point my cousin gave me something brown and a little squishy. I don't know what it was (I think my mom called it a tootsie roll), but it looked good... I almost got it into my mouth before mommy snatched it away!

After a while all the craziness died down and everyone started packing things up. I said goodbye to my cousins and then mommy and daddy packed me away again in the dreaded carseat and we all went home. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the fun time we had! :)

3 comments:

  1. I always wondered what they were thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! The pictures are adorable! I wish we could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love Clair's perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete