Friday, February 25, 2011

Create, Cook, Capture

So this is just a little update on my goals for February, which Scott is now calling my three C's. :)

Create: I wanted to learn how to crochet and make all these cool things, but decided I should start simple so I made this small purse. It probably won't last me long before the strap is all stretched out or things are falling out of it. I now have something to carry my basic items though, so I don't have to carry around the big diaper bag when I don't have the baby with me. :)


I also learned how to recover a pillow. Yes, I'm starting out very simple with my sewing, but I'm happy with how they turned out. I recovered two pillows, but they look the same so I only took pictures of the one.


I like how the flowers look on it, decorating them up a little. :)


Cook: I put a little more effort into this one this month, since last month was just a spur of the moment thing. I found this recipe online for baked potato soup and I thought it would be fun in a bread bowl. No, I didn't make the bread bowls myself, but the soup was delicious in them! I was worried the whole time that I had ruined something, but it actually turned out pretty good. :)


Capture: Well this month was an easy one for me. Claire turned 6 months, so I took her 6 month photos. My sister Heather also came into town for a weekend and I took her family photos as well. You can see both of them on my photo blog. :)

4 comments:

  1. Good job Amber! The pillows and purse are both so cute, I wish I could be more crafty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your talents! Good job! It all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are very "C"reative!! All your projects turned out so well! It is amazing you did that all in one month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pillows...will you pretty please with sugar on top teach me how you made the flowers? They are awesome! The soup looks delicious... :)

    ReplyDelete