Friday, January 21, 2011

A Typical Day

I thought it'd be interesting to write a blog about our typical day, more for our sake than for our readers. Claire's schedule is going to be changing soon I'm sure, she'll either start taking shorter or fewer naps and our activities will probably change and so it'll be fun to look back and see how we spent our time at this stage in her life. :)

7:15
Scott comes home from work

7:30-8:00 Claire wakes up and Scott plays with her for a bit to let me sleep in a little longer.

8:00 I get up and feed Claire

8:20 Scott goes to bed

8:30-9:00 I try to get Claire to play in her jumper while I eat breakfast and then pump. If she doesn't want to play in her jumper, I usually wait to do those things until she goes down for a nap. And then I'll sing silly songs with her and play with her in my lap instead.

9:15-9:30 Claire gets grumpy and I put her down for her first nap

9:30-11:30 Claire usually sleeps the whole 2 hours and I get things done... showering, cleaning, sometimes a work out on the wii, sometimes I work on a project or craft (at the moment I'm working on crocheting a little purse) or on my really lazy days I end up playing on the computer the whole time and wonder why she's already awake. I try to remember to eat lunch before she wakes up too. :)

11:30-12:00 Feed Claire and get her dressed.

12:00-1:00 Play. I usually put her on the floor with all her toys and try to give her as much tummy time as she'll let me. Now that she's figured out how to roll from her tummy to her back she'll flip as soon as she's put down so I have to lay with her and keep flipping her back. Sometimes we'll go out and run errands or visit family but since it's so cold outside we usually stay inside where it's warm.

1:00 Claire starts getting grumpy so I put her down for her second nap. This nap varies, but it's usually about an hour or an hour and a half long. While she sleeps I'll try to do whatever I didn't get done the first time.

2:30 Claire wakes up and I feed her.

3:00 Scott usually wakes up around this time and gets ready for the day/night.

3:00-5:00 Depending on the day and if Scott has class, we'll either play until he leaves for class or go and run errands if he doesn't have class.

5:00 Scott goes to class, Claire goes down for another nap. I usually relax and play on the computer or watch a show (right now I've been watching Eureka), and I have a pre dinner snack. (If Scott doesn't have class we'll usually start making dinner together around 5:30)

6:00 I maybe start on dinner, Claire usually wakes up and I feed her first. I nurse her and then feed her a little solids. (If Scott didn't have class we'll eat all together at the table, Claire in her bumbo.)

7:00 Scott gets home from class and he usually finishes making what I started, or makes it all while I give Claire a bath, or plays with Claire so I can finish making dinner.

7:30 We eat dinner and then I feed Claire

8:00 I put Claire to bed. I put her pajamas on, read her a story, rock her and sing a song and lay her down and leave the room. I'll sometimes need to go back in after to return her pacifier to her mouth, and pat her until she's calm. She usually falls asleep pretty quickly though.

8:30-9:45 Cuddle time with Scott (love this time!)

9:45-10:10 Pray, read scriptures together and make Scott's lunch.

10:10 Scott goes to work and I get ready for bed. Scott and I text each other a little before I fall asleep.

11:00 Sleep! :)

and because every blog post needs a picture...


2 comments:

  1. Busy day. That 15 minutes of cuddle time is the best. When we have our time it feels like ahh, finally! Claire is just the cutest little 5 month old girl ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the life of a mom! Pretty soon there will be a whole bunch of hours in that schedule trying to keep her out of all the things she really wants to play with and you really don't want her to...

    ReplyDelete