Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Home makeover: Brysons' kitchen edition

Have we mentioned how much we love our apartment? The minute we walked in and looked around, we wanted it. (I won't mention how close it was to our wedding and how desperate we were to find a nice, clean place in our price range!) We love it though. We love being in a BYU ward, we love our neighbors, we have great landlords, we love our carpet, ect... :) It's hard to believe we've almost been here for a year! ...and we are still putting up this or that to make it more "our place". :)
This last week, Scott and I found a project to work on. We have this big, open kitchen which I love, but not being the best interior decorators we didn't know what to do with it. We had numerous possibilities I suppose...but on a cheap budget, no good ideas...we finally had decided we wanted to put up a nice shelf on the big open wall, but all the shelves we found that we liked were almost $60! We kept looking around though and found just a wooden shelf at Roberts for 50% off so it was only like $15...so much better! We bought some paint and brushes for less than $5 and started our first real crafty project. We felt so clever! :) It was fun and I think we did a pretty good job if I do say so myself...besides forgetting to rinse out our paintbrushes between coats that is...oops!
Anyway, we put it up on the wall and here it is...what do you think? :)
Now all we need to do is figure out what to put on our little shelf...any suggestions? We're thinking maybe some cute block letters saying different things that we can change for holidays or something? I'm also thinking one of our next projects needs to be to replace these old gross curtains that were already here before us. Anyone have cheap, easy ideas for making curtains or other decorating tips?? :)

1 comment:

  1. It's a very crafty shelf! :) I like your idea about the block letters. And I'm not a fabric crafty person, so I buy the curtains. Sorry I'm not much help. But I do like your shelf, I like the green knobs.

    ReplyDelete