Monday, May 4, 2009

Wuthering Heights

Yesterday I finally finished Wuthering Heights. It was not what I expected. I was expecting a nice romantic love story kind of like Pride and Prejudice or something. This book was so depressing and sad. I kept waiting for things to get better and hopefully there would be a happy ending. I wanted the main character of the story to somehow become the hero and not just the villain, but he was pretty evil all the way up til the end. He pretty much ruins the lives of everyone he knows, he has no real friends, and the love of his life died from an illness brought on by his craziness. He wants her to haunt him the rest of his life and in the ending when he dies he joins her and they haunt the moors together forever after. Weird story. However, I can't say I didn't enjoy reading it. It kept me intrigued and wanting to know what happens next! :)

1 comment: