Thursday, February 26, 2009

Winter hobbies

So this last Sunday evening Scott and I were at my parents and I saw the movie 'Charly' sitting on their shelf. I've seen this movie before, but it had been awhile so we asked to borrow it and took it home with us to watch. This is the movie based on the book by Jack Weyland. It's a really sad story about a couple who meet, fall in love, get married and then the wife dies from cancer. I'd seen it before a few times and have cried the first time I watched it, but after that I knew what happened so it wouldn't really make me cry again. Well I hadn't seen it in awhile, and Scott had never seen it so we decided to watch it just for something to do on a nice relaxing evening together inside. Well, the beginning was all fun and happy, but then the sad part came up. I couldn't hold it in, I was bawling! The tears were just streaming down my face, and Scott got teary eyed himself and kept pulling me closer like I was going to leave him. I guess it hit me so much stronger this time being newly married and watching it from that perspective. I know the movie is all about looking at the eternal perspective and realizing because they got married in the temple, they will be together again. The ride isn't over for them. I'm so grateful for that knowledge that we will be together forever, but it would be so hard to lose them for that time on earth! I hope that nothing like that ever happens to us, but it is nice to know we can look at the eternal perspective and find some comfort in the fact we will always be together.So on a more happier note... Scott and I are addicted to puzzles, Ticket to Ride, Scrabble, and apple crisp. Those are our hobbies as of late anyway, since we can't do much outside in the winter. :) We get caught up doing puzzles for hours before we can tear ourselves away. At the moment we are currently working on a 1000 piece photo mosaic of the world. It's a lot more difficult than I originally thought. We play Ticket to Ride every chance we get, usually at my parents house cuz they own it and we don't. We like to play Scrabble on facebook, and currently are trying to beat my mom by working together, because she's so good!! And we make apple crisp all the time. It's our favorite dessert as of late. It's so good and warm...mmm...I think I want some more tonight. :) he he.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe you should share with your neighbors...again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get the crying about Charly now that you are married. Just wait until you have kids and that watch a movie where kids get hurt/ abused, etc. That totally makes me cry.

    I have been wanting to do a really big puzzle lately. I need to get one, I just don't know where to put it for a week while I do it.

    And apple crisp sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam and I play together trying to beat you isn't that funny but we haven't gotten there yet someday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the completion of your puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaylee and Tash watched Charly and they think she died on the ferris wheel. If they have an abnormal phobia of the ride I'm going to blame the movie. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen the movie, I still cry. But I also cry for disney movies, cheesy shows, commercials...I'm a bawl baby!

    ReplyDelete