Sunday, February 1, 2009

The winding road Part 2

So Scott keeps telling me it's my turn to write something. The problem is, I really like this new blogging thing, but I can never think of anything to write about. So this is my first attempt. I'll tell you what happened since the girl in the story (I) said yes. :)
Wedding plans began. Thanks to Scott and my maid of honor, Breanna (both of which I think may be a little o.c.d., he he), our wedding was all layed out and planned after a few weeks. Scott had even drawn out a detailed layout of the reception, including keys on the piano and lights on the bushes. Breanna went with me to find the perfect dress and put together a binder which we labeled the 'wedding bible'. I love having organized friends. :). I'm also very grateful for all the family and friends that volunteered their talents to the wedding.
November 1st came sooner than we realized, but I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. The weather was warm and mostly sunny, but we had a nice layer of clouds which worked great for pictures later on. I woke up pretty early to get my hair done before breakfast. You never realize how much hair you actually have until someone has to curl all of it. It took forever!! We met up with close family and friends at Golden Corral for a relaxed buffet breakfast. It was delicious!
After breakfast, we all headed down to Manti, Utah. The temple was beautiful, and the sealing was wonderful. I can't describe the joy I felt that day. Everything was so amazing. I'm so grateful for the blessings of the temple and being sealed to Scott for time and all eternity.
We took pictures afterwards and you know how wedding photos always take longer than you expect? Ours lasted FOREVER. Scott was ready to leave an hour earlier and we both were anxious to be getting back to setting up our reception. So remember how organized we were? We had everything layed out on paper exactly how we wanted it, and we had everything we needed. The problem was nobody else knew the plans. We had plenty of helpers but nobody to tell them how to do it. Oops. So we finally got away from our photographer and hurried to the Salem Community Center, where we could direct and start setting up for our reception.
The reception was fun, I enjoyed seeing all the family and friends that were able to make it. We did a little dancing, a little talking, ate a little cake...well I mean cheesecake. Yes, I had a cheesecake wedding cake. What do you expect for someone who doesn't like cake? :) And when it was all over we left in Scott's Durango full of balloons that had been blown up and had little notes of love and advice put into them. It was over. What an exhausting but absolutely wonderful day it had been!
For our honeymoon, we took a fun little road trip down to Abilene, Texas. We made a few stops on the way though, at Zions National Park, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Roswell, and the Carlsbad Caverns. We spent a couple days in Abilene, where Scott showed me the sights of where he used to live. We also had a second reception down there which his mom had all planned. On the way back from Texas we made a couple stops in Colorado to visit my siblings that hadn't made it to the wedding, before finally driving back home.
The last three months have flown by as we have settled down and started our lives again as a married couple. It started out pretty busy as we planned for the holidays, went to a few friends' weddings and then celebrated the new year. Thanksgiving was spent with Scott's family up in Ogden where we enjoyed eating lots of good food, and playing games. Our first Christmas was sweet and memorable. Scott worked the night before so I made sure I was awake when he got home and we enjoyed our own little Christmas morning just the two of us. Later Christmas day was spent mostly with my family for dinner and a few games and dessert, and then later up to his sister Becca's for some more fun.
We've kept busy since with new year resolutions and making our house a home. We love our apartment and are lucky to have our good friends move in just downstairs. Life keeps going and I'm continually reminded at how blessed I am. I'm so grateful for a husband that loves me and has all the patience in the world.
We'll keep you posted about all the events and little things that make us happy or sad or even those little things that just make us giggle :)

3 comments:

  1. what fun pictures. It looks like you had a very organized reception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Scott made you post! I love it! I love hearing the stories, and I love the pictures. Can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete